Driving Small Boats/Zodiacs and Advanced Endorsements
This award is for personnel driving small small boat/zodiacs to support a land or ship based operation.
- PTQ – Working with Small Boats/Zodiacs
- > 15 excursions as sole charge driver
- current 1st Aid certificate
- PTQ – Radio and Communications
- PTQ – Navigation
Any internationally recognized qualifications that include components to the level of the Scope or higher. See Cross Credit Matrices.
- This PTQ is considered the operational level required to be able to drive small boat/zodiacs with and without
passengers in moderate conditions not more than 3nm offshore or from an attending vessel.
- A small boat/zodiac is an inflatable or hardshell vessel under 6m with an outboard motor that may be driven by a tiller or center console.
- This award is a valuable and viable assessment and qualification for crew and shipping company staff driving small boat/zodiacs as part of their job in any region.
- The PTGA considers the Polar Endorsement to be an essential training focus and mandatory for drivers working in the polar regions in ice, ice-bergs, glaciers and around wildlife.
- This award does not dictate whether the small boat/zodiac is a pull start or electric start.
- There are some equipment items that will be polar specific and may or may not be tested for the basic level. Some of these may take time to become standard on all small boat/zodiacs. PTGA strongly recommends every small boat/zodiac or driver should have a rescue throwbag and know how to use it.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self