JOINING THE PTGA
Joining the PTGA is as simple as going on line, filling out the membership form, creating a Polar Pro-File and paying the membership fees. Subscriptions are for a year.
Benefits for using the PTGA Framework, Individual Membership, Accredited Workplace Model or Assessor:
- Proof, and record of proof, of minimum competency for all member guides to any insurance institute, coronial inquiry or other external agency.
- An externally moderated qualification system based on industry best practise.
- Aspirational goals and standards for guides to work towards.
- Guides are able to use all the benefits available on the PTGA website and create their own Pro-File with PTQs gained.
- Proof to customers and governing bodies that guides have been assessed to an industry standard minimum competency level by an external provider.
- A higher level of performance and safety.
- Equivalency with international qualifications and like-frameworks.
- Belong to an acknowledged Professional Association and work to the Code of Conduct it espouses.
PTGA MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
You must be a Polar Pro to apply for an assessment or Cross-Crediting.
An individual can gain PTQs by presenting themselves to any assessment run by a PTGA assessor.
These could be at the individual’s workplace, or at an externally run assessment.
The Accredited Provider Model gives Companies, and individuals working for those companies, a very economic way to deal with bulk assessments at low cost.
Currency is USD and to gain, hold or identify with any PTGA status and qualifications you must be a current financial member of the Association via your Company or your individual fee. Subscription is for one year.
POLAR PRO’S AND COMPANY MEMBERSHIPS RECEIVE
- PTGA Membership Pro-File with PTQs/Awards gained.
- PTGA Newsletter – ‘Brash Talk’.
- Discounts on any publications and products we sell.
- Discounts and pro deals with any of our partner providers.
- Ability to participate in the annual Qualification Review process.
- Easy links to Assessment and Training options.
- Ability to nominate members for or stand for the Board of Directors.
- Ability to apply for Assessor courses.
- Access to Insights
- Extensive collection of links to Useful Resources a professional guide needs.