JOINING THE PTGA
Joining the PTGA is as simple as going on line, filling out the membership form, creating a Polar Pro-File and paying the membership fees. Subscriptions are for one year.
Benefits for using the PTGA Framework, Individual Membership, Corporate Membership or Assessor status include:
- Record of proof of minimum competency for all member guides to any employer, insurance institute, coronial inquiry or other external agency.
- An externally moderated qualification system based on industry best practice and audited for ISO:21102 compliance.
- Aspirational goals and standards for guides to work towards.
- Guides are able to use all the benefits available on the PTGA website and create their own Pro-File with PQs gained.
- Proof to employers, customers and governing bodies that guides have been assessed against an external industry standard assessed compliant with ISO:21102.
- A higher level of performance and safety.
- Belong to an acknowledged Professional Industry Association and work to the Code of Conduct it espouses.
PTGA MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS
You must be a Polar Pro to apply for an Assessment or Cross-Crediting.
An individual can gain PQs by presenting themselves to any assessment run by a PTGA assessor. These could be at the individual’s workplace, or at an externally run assessment.
Corporate Membership gives Companies, and individuals working for those companies, the most economic way to deal with Polar Qualification assessments.
All fees and services quoted are USD. To gain, hold or identify with any PTGA status and qualifications you must be a current financial member of the Association via your Company or your individual fee. Subscription is for one year.
POLAR PRO’S AND COMPANY MEMBERSHIPS RECEIVE
- Contemporary performance tested qualifications and assessment to measure guides against a Professional Industry Association level that is ISO:21102 compliant.
- PTGA Membership Pro-File and external record of Awards and Guide Status gained.
- Extensive collection of links to Useful Resources a professional guide needs.
- Growing list of Pro Deals with our partner providers.
- Some Companies paying extra for PTGA Guide levels.
- External record and proof of minimum competency to any external agency or employer.
- PTGA qualifications accepted as bonafide certificates by 13 companies
- Certification and Status badges to acknowledge proof of assessed competence.
- Access to PTGA online training resources.
- PTGA Newsletter – ‘Brash Talk’.
- Ability to provide input to the annual Qualification Review process.
- Ability to attend Assessor Training courses (if prerequisites are met).
- Membership of an acknowledged international Professional Industry Association and working to the Code of Conduct it espouses.
- Ability to interact with peer guides from all walks of polar guiding.