JOINING THE PTGA
Joining the PTGA is as simple as going on line, filling out the membership form, creating a Polar Pro-File and paying the membership fees. Subscriptions are for one year.
Benefits for using the PTGA Framework, Individual Membership, Corporate Membership or Assessor status include:
- Record of proof of minimum competency for all member guides to any employer, insurance institute, coronial inquiry or other external agency.
- Contemporary performance tested qualifications and assessment to measure guides against a Professional Industry Association level that is ISO:21102 compliant.
- Extensive collection of Links and Apps and many other useful resources a guide can use.
- Extensive network of Pro Deals for Members Only – watch a short video to learn more about this program here.
- PTGA qualifications accepted as bonafide certification by Expedition Cruise and Polar Cruise companies.
- Certification and Status badges to acknowledge proof of performance competence.
- Proof to employers, customers and governing bodies that status guides have been assessed against an external industry standard judged compliant with ISO:21102.
- PTGA Newsletter – ‘Brash Talk’.
- Ability to attend Assessor Training courses (if prerequisites are met).
- Receive Member Only updates about the latest information, deals or opportunities.
- Access to the PTGA Virtual Learning Environment to expand knowledge about topics important to a guide.
- Belong to an acknowledged Professional Industry Association and work to the Code of Conduct it espouses.