DOWNLOAD SYLLABUS PDF/S
You can download a PDF of this syllabus individually, or you can download all syllabus in one file, on our Forms & Templates page here.
Lead a Dog Sled Journey is for guides who may be in charge of leading dog sled journeys of more than 2 hours in terrain that may include, sea ice, established roads, and trails, mountains and passes. It may include areas where known and manageable crevasses are present. It is a minimum requirement for longer journeys outside a town or village.
- Logged experience >10 dog sledding trips.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- PQ – Communications for Polar Operations.
- PQ – Navigation Skills for Polar Operations.
- PQ – Interpretation Skills for Polar Guides.
Some Elements from PQ Lead a Hike in Non-Technical Terrain may be cross credited if a guide has that award and has been assessed. See Cross Credit Matrix for Elements common to the two awards.