Operations in Polar Bear Environment
Operations in Polar Bear Environments (PBE) is for all guides, field staff, scientists or personnel who guide people or work in PBE’s individually or with groups of peers or clients. It is an awareness, behaviour and performance competency that all people in meaningful employment in PBE should have.
- First Aid Cetificate
- Firearms license or an approved company/organization firearm training program that MUST include a statement of competency and performance with the relevant firearm – OR
- Approved course in PB non-lethal deterrant options.
- Radio and Comms PTQ.
Existing licenses or qualification/s or logged experience and endorsement that all criteria and elements are met. See RCC and Cross-credit matrices.
- Firearm training may include: UNIS Safety Course, approved Company firearms training programs.
- Guides and Field Staff include: personnel from large polar tourism vessels or commercial and private yacht operations.
- This award is useful and valid for private individuals such as yachties and hikers.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes