PTGA GUIDE REVALIDATION
Polar Guides and Senior Polar Guides must revalidate every four years. Revalidation must be submitted be in the form of a Portfolio of Evidence that supports your continued currency and professional development.
We recommend that each guide maintains a log of their guiding activities. This will make the revalidation process quick and easy for the guide!
A Revalidation Portfolio Of Evidence must show:
- logged time in relevant polar and non-polar areas
- not less than 60 days active work in the Polar Tourism Industry
- a commitment to Continual Professional Development (CPD)*
- a valid current and and relevant First Aid qualification
- any other prerequisite qualifications (must be current)
*CPD may include:
- additional professional experience
- private study
- specific training
- participation in lectures or seminars
- online tests or development programs
- refresher courses
- internal company training (must include evidence of content, such as an agenda, or confirmation from the facilitator).
The onus is on the Guide to outline the relevance of the CPD. This should take into account changes in any of:
- personal development needs
- the needs of an organization or employer
- new or revised techniques, technologies, equipment and practices
- practice in leadership, group management or team skills
- changes in rules, regulations or legislation