HOW CAN I GET ASSESSED?
There are a number of ways a guide can be assessed for PTGA qualifications:
1. Workplace-Based Assessment via Accredited Providers
Being assessed ‘on the job’ with a company accredited to use our Workplace-Based Assessment scheme is the easiest and most cost effictive option available in the polar and expedition cruise industry. Once a company becomes an Accredited Provider and has staff trained as PTGA Assessors the PTGA assessment process can run seamlessly with standard operations at very little cost. See our Accredited Providers.
2. Training and Assessment Providers (TAPs)
PTGA endorses Training and Assessment Providers who are not tour companies. These partners are vetted to offer training and skill development programs that utilize PTGA syllabi. TAPs may also have qualified assessors on staff and be able to provide formal assessments as set programs or upon request. Contact us for more information or to be connected with our TAPs.
3. Independent Contractor Assessments
Fully qualified PTGA Assessors may be contracted to your company, vessel, or private group for specific assessment needs. Contact us for costs and availability.
4. Online or A-Zoom Assessments
Some qualifications are able to be assessed via online platforms or Zoom video assessments (A-Zoom). These assessments will either be in real time or be based on a previously videod performance. Qualifications able to be achieved using this option include:
- Presentation Skills (via pre-recorded and submitted video of a formal presentation)
- Navigation Skills (in real-time)
- Communications for Polar Operations (in real-time)
- Avalanche Awareness (in real-time)
Contact us for information and to find an assessor able to do this kind of assessment.