Polar Endorsement for Sea Kayak Guiding
DOWNLOAD SYLLABUS PDF/S
You can download a PDF of this syllabus individually, or you can download all syllabus in one file, on our Forms & Templates page here.
Sea Kayak Guide Endorsement is a polar specific endorsement for an already experienced and/or qualified sea kayak guide. The guide will already be proficient and competent with their personal kayak skills and/or have competent guiding skills ratified by a sea kayak guiding qualification or a POE supporting these skills.
- Emergency Care Qualification (>40 hour course).
- A recognised Sea Kayak Guide Certificate and/or POE supporting competence to
- >100 days guiding (polar or non-polar) including high impact coastline and open seas.
- >20 excursions logged in polar environments.
- PQ Communications for Polar Operations.
- PQ Navigation Skills for Pola Operations.
- PQ Interpretation Skills for Polar Guides.
- PQ Driving Small Boats/Zodiacs (with Polar Endorsement) and PQ Advanced
- Driving Endorsements – Support a Sea Kayak Operation is preferable, but not
If guiding certificate covers prerequisites candidates may be cross credited in to assessment.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes